II. Definitions and Contact Information.
III. Jurisdiction and Foreign Persons.
IV. What Information Do We Collect?
When you register for certain parts of our Website, such as (but not limited to) the Alumna “Record Update” section of the Website, we will collect certain personal information, such as your name, address, company or entity name, and email address. When you register for programs at Skyland or make a payment or donation to Skyland, we will collect information such as your name, company or entity name, email address and check/credit card information (collective, “Registration Information”). We may retain any information voluntarily provided by you. If your personal information or Registration Information changes and you wish to update it, or you wish us to delete your personal information or Registration Information, you can make changes and requests for deletion by contacting us via the Contact Information above.
Additionally, Skyland may collect Website use information, such as what pages site users access and visit, or what browsers site users utilize to access the Website, on an anonymous and aggregate basis as you and others browse our Website. This information is used to give us a better understanding of how the Website is being used by and to provide better service to users. Whenever Skyland collects personally identifiable information about you, it reserves the right to use that information for marketing Skyland and its various activities. Skyland may use the personally identifiable data collected to undertake a variety of marketing activities including, but not limited to, email, direct mail, site personalization, telephone marketing and other digital and traditional methods of advertising and communication. Skyland does not sell or “monetize” personally identifiable data to third parties.
V. Personal Information You Choose to Provide.
- Registration Information. You will provide us with certain information about yourself, your family, and/or your credit card information when you register on certain parts of the Website, or register to become a donor.
- Email Information. If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
- Website Use Information. Similar to other commercial websites, Skyland uses a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after visiting Skyland’s Website. We, and ad serving companies, may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
- How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us? Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, improving the content and quality of our services and the Website, and making available other products and services. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, and new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. We may also use your information for billing, identification, and/or authentication purposes. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by contacting us via the Contact Information above.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties. We use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing credit card payments. Such third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with our business activities. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the information we collect will never be shared or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes except to provide products or services you requested or unless we have your permission to share such information.
- Website Postings. Our Website offers publicly accessible postings. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas becomes public information and may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We recommend that you do not post your email address or other personal information in these postings because this information is publicly available for anyone to see and unscrupulous third parties may use this information to form ‘spam’ lists or may otherwise misuse this information. We are not responsible for the use or misuse of information posted by you in public postings by other users of the Website.
- Notice of New Services and Changes. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by contacting us via the Contact Information above.
- How Do We Protect Your Information? The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Skyland uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- How Can You Access, Update, Amend or Delete Your Information? You may request access to, update, or make corrections to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database, amend, or request that we delete/remove such information by contacting us via the Contact Information above.
- Children’s Privacy. If you are under the age of 13, we ask that you only access our Website when accompanied by your parent or guardian. The Website is not intended for, or directed to, persons less than 13 years of age. Skyland will not request any information from a person younger than age 13, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, as amended (“COPPA“) and will not knowingly accept personal information from a child younger than age 13 for any purpose without parental consent as required by law.
- Submissions. Suggestions, materials, or other intellectual property sent or transmitted to us via our Website are governed by the separate terms applicable to such materials identified at the time of submission (if any). All such items shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products or services that incorporate them.
VI. Material Changes to Agreement.
VII. Discrimination Statement – Use of National Forest Land.
Skyland activities on the Pisgah National Forest are authorized under a USDA Forest Service Permit which requires notice of the following:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD). To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Last Revised: November, 2014